Cherry season has hit Slovenia and, inevitably, so have any cherry-related recipes! These simple and elegant, but VERY tasty cherry cups simply scream summer! Shortcrust pastry, a chocolate chip buttercream center and a gorgeous layer of fresh cherries on top!
- 3 cups of cherries, preferably pitted
- cherry liqueur (or similar red fruit liqueur)
- vanilla sugar (optional)
- shortcrust pastry
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup of butter, softened
- 1/2 cup of butter, firm (but not hard)
- 3 egg yolks
- 90-100 g chocolate chips of your choice
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Cut shortcrust pastry into equal parts, gently place them along the bottom and “walls” of greased ramekins. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
- Place cherries in a bowl, add 1-2 tbsp of cherry liqueur and sprinkle with vanilla sugar (optional).
- In another bowl, whisk egg yolks. Add sugar and beat until thoroughly combined. Gradually add softened butter, piece by piece. Then, repeat with the firm butter. Stir in chocolate chips and 2 tbsp of cherry liqueur. Place mixture into the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Spread an even layer of buttercream on the bottom of each cup (I suggest not more than 1 cm thick). Distribute cherries on top. Set in refrigerator until serving. Enjoy!