Orange and chocolate heaven! Hope you give them a try. 🙂
You will need:
- 1 cup softened butter
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp freshly grated orange zest
- 1/2 orange/peach juice
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- extra chocolate and butter for the chocolate glaze
- sprinkles of choice
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F).
- In a bowl, combine butter and sugar; cream until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, until incorporated. Add orange zest and orange juice; mix well.
- In another bowl, combine flour, baking powder and baking soda. Add to creamed mixture; stir gently just until blended. Fold in chocolate.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin tin, filling three-quarters full. Bake in preheated oven for 18 to 22 minutes or until top springs back when lightly touched. Set aside to cool.
- For the chocolate glaze, just melt some chocolate and a little butter in a saucepan, pop the tops of your muffins into the chocolate and decorate with sprinkles. Enjoy!
Please note: This recipe is an adaptation of the recipe for Wholesome Banana Granola Drops from Esther Brody’s 500 Best Muffin Recipes (Robert Rose Inc: 2003. pg. 38).