Once more, I forgot to take a picture. I promise I’ll remember next time!!
I can’t even describe these muffins, other than saying they’re HEAVEN. The amount of the “banana taste” is perfect (I’m not much of a plain banana bread fan) and the Nutella center is just, divine.
- 150 g all-purpose flour
- 110 g butter
- 70 g sugar
- 2 mashed bananas
- Nutella or milk chocolate with hazelnut filling
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 of a pack of baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- 50 g shredded coconut (optional)
- 3 pinches of salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until smooth and creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing until well incorporated. Add salt and vanilla.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder and cinnamon if using. Add to wet ingredients.
- Add mashed bananas to the mixture.
- Fill each muffin cup about a third of the way with batter, then drop a teaspoon or two of Nutella (or a piece of chocolate) into the center of each muffin. Portion the remaining batter evenly among the muffin liners. Sprinkle shredded coconut on top of each muffin liner/batter.
- Bake on the center rack for 19-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
Photo source: http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2015/11/05/nutella-muffins/
Please note: This is an adaptation of the following recipe: Muffin Banane Coeur Nutella et Coco Rapée. (http://audrey-sugar-spice.wix.com/recettes#!muffin-banane-coeur-nutella-coco-rape/cru9).