- olive/sunflower oil
- 500 g chicken breast, chopped into cutlets or smaller pieces
- 1-2 stalks of leek, finely chopped
- 1-2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 large carrots, cubed
- 1 medium red pepper, finely chopped
- 250 g button mushrooms, finely sliced
- 4 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- cayenne pepper
- In a small saucepan, boil cubed carrots in salted water until soft.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tbsp olive oil over medium-high heat. Add leek and peppers, salt slightly and cook for 5-10 minutes until tender. Add cooked carrots and mushrooms, black and cayenne pepper, as well as soy and oyster sauce. Cook for an additional 5 minutes. Remove vegetables from the skillet.
- Lightly salt chicken. Add 1-2 tbsp oil, and cutlets to the skillet and sear for about 5 minutes, until cooked through. Return vegetables to the pan, add more soy sauce if necessary and serve immediately.
Best served with rice or Asian noodles. Or potatoes, which have been finely sliced and roasted in the oven at 200°C for 20-30 minutes together with 4 crushed cloves of garlic and some Parmesan cheese sprinkled on top. Or sautéed potatoes and zucchini as in the image above.