Orange and chocolate heaven! Hope you give them a try. 🙂
You will need:
- 1 cup softened butter
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp freshly grated orange zest
- 1/2 orange/peach juice
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- extra chocolate and butter for the chocolate glaze
- sprinkles of choice
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F).
- In a bowl, combine butter and sugar; cream until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, until incorporated. Add orange zest and orange juice; mix well.
- In another bowl, combine flour, baking powder and baking soda. Add to creamed mixture; stir gently just until blended. Fold in chocolate.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin tin, filling three-quarters full. Bake in preheated oven for 18 to 22 minutes or until top springs back when lightly touched. Set aside to cool.
- For the chocolate glaze, just melt some chocolate and a little butter in a saucepan, pop the tops of your muffins into the chocolate and decorate with sprinkles. Enjoy!
Please note: This recipe is an adaptation of the recipe for Wholesome Banana Granola Drops from Esther Brody’s 500 Best Muffin Recipes (Robert Rose Inc: 2003. pg. 38).
Please note: Sadly there was not enough time to take a decent photo; this photo is from: https://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=3740.
Once more, I forgot to take a picture. I promise I’ll remember next time!!
I can’t even describe these muffins, other than saying they’re HEAVEN. The amount of the “banana taste” is perfect (I’m not much of a plain banana bread fan) and the Nutella center is just, divine.
- 150 g all-purpose flour
- 110 g butter
- 70 g sugar
- 2 mashed bananas
- Nutella or milk chocolate with hazelnut filling
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 of a pack of baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- 50 g shredded coconut (optional)
- 3 pinches of salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until smooth and creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing until well incorporated. Add salt and vanilla.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder and cinnamon if using. Add to wet ingredients.
- Add mashed bananas to the mixture.
- Fill each muffin cup about a third of the way with batter, then drop a teaspoon or two of Nutella (or a piece of chocolate) into the center of each muffin. Portion the remaining batter evenly among the muffin liners. Sprinkle shredded coconut on top of each muffin liner/batter.
- Bake on the center rack for 19-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
Photo source: http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2015/11/05/nutella-muffins/
Please note: This is an adaptation of the following recipe: Muffin Banane Coeur Nutella et Coco Rapée. (http://audrey-sugar-spice.wix.com/recettes#!muffin-banane-coeur-nutella-coco-rape/cru9)