SERIOUSLY AMAZING. But don’t forget the sliced strawberries on top!
Hey! On the occasion of my father’s name’s day, I made the family a real treat. Hope you try it out.
Yield: Makes 4-6 servings
- Nonstick vegetable oil spray
- 12-ounce basket of strawberries
- 5 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 large egg whites
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F). Spray 4-6 ramekins (4 “big” or 6 “small”) with vegetable oil spray.
- Coarsely puree 3/4 of the strawberries, 2 tbsp sugar and cornstarch in food processor. Transfer to small saucepan. Stir over medium heat until mixture boils and thickens, about 3 minutes. Cool completely.
- Slice remaining strawberries. Transfer to medium bowl, add vanilla-scented sugar if needed and some lime juice. Toss to blend.
- Beat egg whites in a large bowl until soft peaks form. Gradually add 3 tablespoons sugar; beat until stiff but not dry.
- Fold puree into whites in three additions.
- Transfer to ramekins. Bake until the soufflés are puffed and golden, about 13-15 minutes. Serve immediately with sliced strawberries.
Please note: This is an adaptation of the following recipe: http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/strawberry-souffle-with-sliced-strawberries-5247.
PS: It was so yummy I didn’t have a chance to pull out a camera before it was all gone. So I took the liberty of using this picture, not far from the original: http://alldayidreamaboutfood.com/2012/05/strawberry-souffles-with-fresh-berries-guest-post-with-that-skinny-chick-can-bake.html. 🙂