Simply delicious. Serves 5.
- 150g raspberries
- 80g powdered sugar
- 4 large egg whites
- Preheat oven to 190°C (375°F).
- Puree raspberries until smooth and pass through a sieve to remove seeds.
- Mix egg whites until stiff peaks, then slowly combine with raspberry purée.
- Distribute equally among buttered ramekins and bake for 15 min. Serve immediately.
SERIOUSLY AMAZING. But don’t forget the sliced strawberries on top!
Hey! On the occasion of my father’s name’s day, I made the family a real treat. Hope you try it out.
Yield: Makes 4-6 servings
- Nonstick vegetable oil spray
- 12-ounce basket of strawberries
- 5 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 large egg whites
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F). Spray 4-6 ramekins (4 “big” or 6 “small”) with vegetable oil spray.
- Coarsely puree 3/4 of the strawberries, 2 tbsp sugar and cornstarch in food processor. Transfer to small saucepan. Stir over medium heat until mixture boils and thickens, about 3 minutes. Cool completely.
- Slice remaining strawberries. Transfer to medium bowl, add vanilla-scented sugar if needed and some lime juice. Toss to blend.
- Beat egg whites in a large bowl until soft peaks form. Gradually add 3 tablespoons sugar; beat until stiff but not dry.
- Fold puree into whites in three additions.
- Transfer to ramekins. Bake until the soufflés are puffed and golden, about 13-15 minutes. Serve immediately with sliced strawberries.
Please note: This is an adaptation of the following recipe: http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/strawberry-souffle-with-sliced-strawberries-5247.
PS: It was so yummy I didn’t have a chance to pull out a camera before it was all gone. So I took the liberty of using this picture, not far from the original: http://alldayidreamaboutfood.com/2012/05/strawberry-souffles-with-fresh-berries-guest-post-with-that-skinny-chick-can-bake.html. 🙂