Scrumptious dairy-free tiramisu, served with fresh raspberry sauce and toasted almonds. Hope you give it a try! And Happy Easter! 🙂
- 2 eggs, separated
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 150 g strawberries, sliced
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 200 g ladyfingers
- 40 g sliced almonds, lightly toasted
- 2 tins full-fat coconut milk, chilled for 24-48 hours
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp Marsala wine
- 1/2 cup forest fruits juice
- In a small bowl, mix sliced strawberries with 1-2 tbsp sugar (if necessary) and 1-2 tbsp lemon juice. Set aside.
- Open the coconut milk tins. Separate the semi-solid/solid coconut cream from the coconut water; save the water for another recipe. Whip the cream until thick and creamy.
- In a medium-sized bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks, add a pinch of salt in continue until stiff peaks.
- In another bowl, beat the egg yolks with 3 tbsp sugar until thick, light and pale, about 5 minutes. Gently stir in 1 tbsp Marsala and vanilla extract.
- Gently fold the whipped coconut cream into the egg yolk mixture in two batches, then fold the egg whites, also in 2 batches. Set aside.
- Layer one layer of ladyfingers on the bottom of one 3 x 18 cm (9 x 7 inch) dish. Liberally brush with a mixture of the forest fruits juice and 1 tbsp Marsala.
- Spoon half of the coconut mixture on top of the soaked ladyfingers, then add a layer of strawberries.
- Arrange another layer of ladyfingers, equally brushed in fruit juice and then finish with the remaining coconut mixture. Garnish with strawberries and toasted almonds. Cover and chill for 3 hours. Enjoy!
Tip: Mix the second half of the coconut mixture with 3 tbsp raspberry sauce to make it extra special! Recipe below.
FRESH RASPBERRY SAUCE:
You will need:
- 250 g raspberries
- 1-2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Cointreau liqueur
Combine raspberries, sugar and lemon juice in a small saucepan set over medium heat. Cook until berries soften and release their juices. Reduce until it coats a wooden spoon. Mix in the Cointreau.
This recipe is partially an adaptation of The Best Gluten- & Dairy-Free Tiramisu Ever! from: https://honeyandspice.wordpress.com/2014/01/05/the-best-ever-tiramisu-gluten-dairy-refined-sugar-soy-gum-free/.